why donate to atma?
We know there are lots of places for you to donate your money, and we're sure they're all worthwhile causes. Staying true to our grassroots principles, at ATMA we have opted for a highly efficient and ethical way of providing aid.
- We pride ourselves on being efficient with how we operate ATMA. As such we operate on incredibly low overheads that are covered entirely by the ATMA board. That means 100% of what you donate goes directly where it ought to - to people most in need.
- At ATMA we've also taken a strong stand on the ethics of international development. Too often NGOs in the developed world are guilty of a top-down approach of delivering aid. At ATMA we aim for partnerships in aid, by teaming up with NGOs in the communities we work in and supporting them as equals, not as superiors. We believe that all partners are bound together in a shared responsibility to humanity.
Still not convinced? Here are a few more reasons...
- We’re a grassroots, non-profit organization.
- We support people living in some of the most remote and under-developed regions of the Himalayas.
- We’re a small organization and, as such, are able to operate with incredibly low overheads that are covered entirely by the ATMA board. This means 100% of what you donate goes where it ought to – to people most in need.
- We do not believe in using valuable resources to send volunteers overseas, money that we feel would be better used in the community, directly by the community.
- We are entirely volunteer-run. All ATMA staff are full-time professionals who volunteer their time to keep ATMA running with the limited free time they have.
- We work with local people in communities around the world to ensure that funding we provide goes towards problems they actually care about.
- We believe in sustainable and ethical aid that will help grassroots organizations working in their local communities around the world.
- We’re all about good research: from making sure we’ve selected trustworthy regional partners with a track record of doing excellent work in their communities to making sure funding is being allocated to sectors that are in desperate need of it.
- We work closely with our regional partners to ensure that funding we’ve provided is spent appropriately and that it is making a significant positive impact in the community.
- We believe in giving people in developing countries the means to help themselves.